School meals are a fantastic way to provide your child with a healthy, nutritious, warm meal at great value.
School meals are FREE to all children up to the end of Key Stage 1 (Reception to Year 2) and only £2.32 per meal for Key Stage 2 (Year 3 - 6).
Some children may be eligible for free school meals regardless of age – please see below
Meals must be paid for in advance and directly to Tameside Council.
The latest menu from our Caterer Robertson’s is available on the website or from the office.
We kindly request one week’s notice if your child would like to change their existing lunch option.
How to check if you are entitled to Free School Meals
Your child may be eligible for free school meals.
The school also benefits from additional funding to all students who are registered for free school meals or who have been registered in the past 6 years.
This funding is given to schools to raise attainment of children and enables us to provide many additional support mechanisms such as a learning mentor, intervention and booster classes.
We receive funds for each and every student who has a successful application for a free school meal.
Children are entitled to receive free school meals if they or their parents or guardians receive any of the benefits below.
- Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400(£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-out - paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Please speak to the office if you think your child could be entitled to Free School Meals.